Disadvantages of Readymade Flour
- Commercial mills remove 30% of the wheat kernel, removing the most nutritious part of the grain to make wheat flour.
- Commercially milled flour removes all of the wheat germ oils to prevent it from going rancid and increase the flour’s shelf-life. 90% of the nutritional value of the wheat berry is contained in the wheat germ.
Benefits of Home Atta Chakki
- Domestic chakki Retains All nutrients of grains like Carbohydrates, Proteins,Vitamins, Fibers etc
- A wonderful taste that is lost to commercially made whole-grain flour.
- Whole grains are important for numerous reasons
Strokes, heart attacks, clogged arteries and cardiovascular problems can be prevented when whole grains are eaten regularly.
- Grinds Everythings right From Wheat, Besan, Rice, Bajari, Maize, Jowar, Coffee, Rava, Udad, Dhaniya, Haldi, Daliya, Mehandi to Moong, Kali Mirch, Salt, Aavla, etc.
- No wastage of flour
- No mixing of flour
Looking at above benefits you will surely think on buying a flour mill machine for home use
Which is the Best Atta Chakki in India
Atta Chakki in India
Natraj Florence Automatic
Haystar Domestic Flourmill
Amul Round Chakki
Offers on Amazon
|Grinding Capacity (kg/hr)||7 TO 10 Kg/Hr.||7 TO 10 Kg/Hr.||6 TO 12 Kg/Hr.|
|Hopper Capacity||4.5 Kg||4.5 Kg||??|
|Motor Power (hp)||1 H.P.||1 H.P.||1 H.P.|
|Power Consumption (W)||0.75 unit per hr||0.75 unit per hr||0.75 unit per hr|
|grinding wheels||aluminum||cast iron||cast iron|
|Vacuum Cleaning Device||Inbuilt||No||No|
|Safety feature||turns off automatically on opening door||turns off automatically on opening door||NA|
|isafe Feature||??||Machine turns off automatic once the grain is finished in hopper||??|
|??||Automatic feeding device adjusts speed according to the grain||??|
|Material||All Food Grade|
ABS & SS
|Dimension||33 x 47 x 87 cm||30.5 x 41 x 71 cm||58 X 20 X 30 cm|
|Weight||44 kg||45 kg||35 kg|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
|Our recommendation||Buy Natraj Well Known Brand||Good features than Natraj||Bad user reviews !|
|Check for Price on Amazon||Natraj Florence Automatic||Haystar Domestic Flourmill||Amul Round Chakki|
How long it takes to grind 10 kg?
- Almost 1 hour including loading unloading.
How much electricity bill we have to pay for 10 kg ?
- For 10 kg you will have to run an atta chakk for 1 hour. Where it will consume about 0.75 unit (Almost 5.5 Rs which results 0.55 Paise per kg)
- Now remember if you go outside to grind atta, you will normally use your two wheeler (Even some people use 4 wheeler) to goto the floor mill, in this case you save valuable petrol.
So if you take into account the amount of petrol saved per trip to the flour mill ! then practically you grind flour for FREE !
What will be the payback period if I buy Atta chakki for about 15,000 Rs ?
|Initial investment in buying an atta chakki||Payback years||Per month||kg per month to grind|
Considering saving of 7 Rs per kg
|15000 Rs||5 years||250 Rs||36 kg per month|
|10 years||125 Rs||18 kg per month|
|15 years||83 Rs||12 kg per month|
|20 years||62.5 Rs||9 kg per month|
There will be intangible gains too, means you get high quality of atta & right quantity at home only, no more mixing of low quality grains of other customers, no dependency on commercial flour mills, no waiting outside shop to get 5 kg grain grinding, no more trips in rains or summer days to atta chakki shop,
How expensive is it to maintain, repair or replace some part if there is some problem?
- Not known as no repair in last 3.5 yrs.
- There are no parts which can wear like stones etc. Steel blades does not need any maintenance.
- In case blade needs to be replaced current cost is around 500 Rs
How many years it works without any trouble ?
- No repair in last 3.5 yrs [Based on feedback from two of my friends using this atta chakki]
- Recently I got one friend whose father bought a local made atta chakki ~15 years back which is still working fine without any maintenance issues.
Can you grind turmeric pieces?
- Yes, you can grind turmeric pieces but also Red chili, dry masala and all types of dals and pulses.
- Tip for best results : Break turmeric in small pieces before putting into grinder.
- You can grind corn flour., jowar, ragi, chana dal, sabudana, sugar, dry grains, pulses, dals
Is it portable?
- Yes, most of the modern atta chakkis are having caster wheels, so easy to move around home.
- However if you wish to keep it in single place, select rubber legs provided with chakki in place of caster wheels.
Does the stone needs repair / regrinding ?
- Now modern atta chakkis have metal grinding wheels, so no issues of stone wear and tear or periodic maintenance.
What is self cleaning chamber? what does that mean?
Some atta chakkis has built-in vacuum cleaner, where we can connect a suction pipe & clean the mill chamber.
Some of them have Auto cleaning chamber, where the blades rotates at high speed for 3-4 minutes thus creating air pressure to clean the chamber automatically by pushing down all the flour from grinding chamber into the container. Therefore no cleaning needed for the grinding chamber.
Haystar Domestic Flour mill has got both models, self auto clean model and in-built vacuum chamber model
Can I grind WET grains like for Idli
- These atta chakkis are designed to grind only dry pulses, you can not grind wet grains since cleaning will be an issue.
Final recommendation :
For me I bought haystar atta chakki and written a detailed review on the same, you can read it here.