Well after writing review on Best Atta Chakki in India, I decided to buy a Haystar Atta Chakki as compared to Natraj model. Reasons and comparison of Natraj vs Haystar atta chakki I have already given in my review (Read review here)
So finally after search I got the Gharghanti model from Haystar Atta Chakki.
And after one month of usage I got time to put on this review for my blog readers.
Well first and foremost thing you can notice is that Heystar is an ISO 9000 certified company, which means that they follow rigorous quality process delivering good products
(They provide one year warranty including electrical and electronic parts which is good, since most of the companies do not provide electronic product warranty)
I would put down the features in the priority I liked the most as compared to the other products in the market (I will put down reviews of other products soon based on usage from my friends house)
One main benefit I saw after using home atta chakki is QUALITY of Flour is good, there is no mixing of other grains. Also the QUANTITY is perfect, I could surely say that there is much loss while you grind in the commercial flour mills. And now I need not wait outside the mill requesting the person to take my grain on priority !
Atta chakki Features in Haystar which I liked the most [ranked as per the importance I felt]
Fully Automatic [No buttons, Auto Start, Auto Stop, No attention needed]
- When I first time saw this machine, my wife asked me where is the start / stop button ? and the answer from demo person was “Madam, it does not need any button, it is FULLY Automatic!!”
- Yes, this is the most liked thing by my wife, she says “its so simple, the machine knows when to switch it on and off!” no need to attend it
- Practically, when you power ON, the machine waits for the grain to be put inside the hopper. Once you pour grain in hopper, machine automatically identifies and starts grinding on its own, no need to press any button. In fact there is no button at all. Now here if you compare it with competition in market like Natraj, which has got so many buttons on its control panel ! and you need to select what you want to grind. Here it is auto-mode, put any grain and machine automatically adjusts the feed speed. Real automatic.
How does the floor mill knows there is grain inside hopper ?
- Well there is a Sensor which detects presence of grain inside hopper to start system.
- Auto Feed System : Further the automatic feeding device maintains and adjusts the grain feed speed depending upon which grains you have put inside the hopper, so no need to select modes from control panel ! pour the grain and forget it.
Self Cleaning after use
- Now second question from my wife was about cleaning after use (this was one of the reason I was reluctant to buy an atta chakki for years!)
- Now there I had two choices, one is to buy chakki with built in vacuum cleaner and second was to buy chakki with auto chamber cleaning. I selected Gharghanti model that has “Auto Chamber Cleaning System“
What is Auto Chamber Cleaning System and how it works ?
- Once the floor milling is complete and the grain in the hopper gets finished, then its time to clean the chamber. Here simple trick works, the cutter blades rotates at high speed generating good amount of pressure air flow in chamber, thus driving the remaining floor in chamber downwards.
- Its complete unattended process and you need not do extra operation to activate it.
- I felt this facility is much better than spending elaborate time on connecting vacuum tubes and cleaning etc
- Hygiene :
- The chakki has air ventilation grills at sides and back which ensures air circulation, thus preventing moisture build.
- Also it uses cloth filter in place of plastic filter hence ensuing that is is healthy and no plastic particles get mixed in the floor
- It has good safety feature, which switches OFF the machine in case someone (child) opens the door during operations. So no need to worry someone putting hands inside while the cutters are rotating.
No worry Maintenance FREE
- Next worry was maintenance, since I saw our floor mill person doing maintenance work on weekdays for resharpening the grinding wheels, I thought similar thing need to be done in home atta chakki too.
- However here in case of Haystar, they are not using stone grinding wheels, but metal blades, thus avoiding need of resharpening. In face the predicted lifetime is over 20 years or so !!
- Further the blades does not touch to the outer serrated tooth of cast iron chamber thus no worry of wear.
- In fact the company provides Lifetime Cutter Warranty and promise FREE replacement if it brakes anytime during use!
- Remaining parts like outer body are made from high grade ISI marked ply which is termite proof, so no worry on that part too.
- Inner parts like the hopper, collector tray are made from stainless steel so no issues of maintenance.
- The cloth filter is easily washable. and in case you need to replace it, spend only 100 Rs.
Micro controller :
- Takes care of any voltage fluctuations
- Takes care of overloading of machine
Portability of machine
- With simple use of 4 caster wheels at the bottom, it is very easy to move it around
- In my case I have identified place in kitchen, but need to move the chakki in case I need to clean the floor, where these caster wheels help a lot
- Machine weight is only 45 kg
Which all type of grains it can grind ?
- It can practically grind anything which is DRY [Note that it can not grind anything WET]
- I can grind Wheat, Besan, Rice, Bajari, Maize, Jowar, Coffee, Rava, Udad, Dhaniya, Haldi, Daliya, Mehandi to Moong, Kali Mirch, Salt, Aavla
How to get different size of floor? Rava or Maida?
- Well you need to select and use different sized nets to get the flour as per desired texture
- So you can get Rava or Maida depending upon the net you choose from.
Lets compare other models from haystar and what are the differences.
Haystar Domestic Flour mill
Haystar Atta Chakki India
Offers on Amazon
Buy on company official website
Number of Blades
|Grinding Capacity (kg/hr)||7 TO 10 Kg/Hr.|
|Hopper Capacity||4.5 Kg|
|Motor Power (hp)||1 H.P.|
|Power Consumption (W)||0.75 unit per hr|
|grinding wheels||cast iron|
|Vacuum Cleaning Device||No|
|Child Safety feature||turns off automatically on opening door|
|isafe Feature||Machine turns off automatic once the grain is finished in hopper|
|Automatic feeding device adjusts speed according to the grain|
|Dimension||30.5 x 41 x 71 cm|
- All the Haystar models are fully Automatic
- Mainly the difference in high end Deluxe model is “Smart talky technology guides you with interactive voice”
- Also the Deluxe model has 6 blades in place of 4 blades in base two versions
- Pink version is the cheapest version, the price differences are on the account of use of different grades of induction motors inside the floor mill. So higher end versions get best of best motor.
The Delux model features Smart talky technology which is only an add on feature, also it features 6 blades in place of 4 in standard version.
So considering the price one need to pay I am recommending the mid end version that is Gharghanti model which has better quality induction motor, only missing thing would be voice guidance, but since it is fully Automatic, I can surely say no need of voice guidance, after-all I am recommending it after using for over one month.
Hope this helps !!